Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the MailChannels Dedicated FAQ.
If you can’t find the answer to your questions here, we’d love to hear from you.
What is MailChannels Dedicated?
MailChannels Dedicated is carrier-grade software that provides a fully transparent way to block the delivery of spam from your network to the Internet. It is designed to make email abuse management easier for telecoms and dedicated/VPS/cloud hosting providers.
What can I do with MailChannels Dedicated?
Use MailChannels Dedicated to analyze all outgoing SMTP traffic from your customer base without configuration changes. You can filter mail coming from servers, subscribers, scripts, and devices and achieve a blacklist-free network.
Who is MailChannels Dedicated suitable for?
- Dedicated Hosting Providers
- VPS Hosting Providers
- Cloud Service Providers
- Internet Service Providers
- Mobile Operators
How can I get started with MailChannels Dedicated?
- Contact Sales to tell us your needs.
- Provision a Linux virtual machine or dedicated hardware.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide to install packages (30 minutes).
- Start sending traffic.
Setup and Configuration
What kinds of support are available?
Software support is available in basic and premium flavors, from basic email-based support during business hours only, all the way up to 24x7x365 support with a dedicated engineer.
What are the system requirements for MailChannels Dedicated?
We recommend using a server with 8 processor cores and 32 GB of RAM. The following configuration will process at least 30 million messages per hour, with connection bursts greater than 10,000 SMTP connections per second and concurrency handling exceeding one million concurrent SMTP sessions:
- 8 x 64-bit Intel or AMD CPU cores
- 32 GB RAM
- 1 x 1000BASE-T NIC
- 500 GB solid-state drive (SSD) for logs
MailChannels is only available for Linux kernel 2.6.32 and higher, and is certified to work with Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS and RedHat Enterprise Linux 6. Compatibility with other Linux distributions is not officially supported by MailChannels.
How does the system know which messages to block?
- When we have a high degree of confidence that a message is spam, it is blocked immediately. Messages like it will continue to be blocked until such time as a) a false positive report is provided to us, or b) the message no longer is spam based on feedback from the Internet.
- We apply a large range of techniques to select how quickly individual users or scripts are able to send through our system, and whether to enforce a “permanent” block on a user or script. The exact mechanisms for rate limiting and blocking are ever changing based on machine learning and manual intervention; however, none of the blocking effects are long lasting and all can be adjusted in response to complaints.
Account & Billing
How does pricing work?
Pricing is based on outbound email volume, billed monthly. Discounts are available for long-term commitments.
Do you offer discounts?
Yes, discounts are available in exchange for longer term commitments. Contact us to learn more.
How long are your contracts?
Software license terms are negotiable and the term can range from monthly all the way up to five years or more depending on your requirements.
Can't find the answer to your question?
Drop us a line. We’d love to answer it for you.